Headshots are a great marketing tool. A fantastic headshot allows you to establish an initial connection with potential clients–whether you are a lawyer, real estate agent, or author, your headshot helps you make an amazing first impression. Taking a headshot seems pretty simple, right? You might find yourself asking “Why should I hire a professional experienced headshot photographer“–after all, you take pictures with your phone all the time. Professional headshot photographers understand the many aspects of creating a perfect headshot, and they can provide you with quality photographs that are sure to have a positive impact on your business. Here are just a few reasons why you need a professional headshot:
1. You can only make one first impression. First impressions are incredibly important. People tend to make a lot of inferences based on that first impression–inferences that can make or break your business relationship. According to the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, judgments made based on first impressions outweigh real facts learned later about that person. In other words, it can be nearly impossible to bounce back from a poor first impression. In an increasingly virtual world, it has become even more difficult to make a great first impression. Meeting someone in a face-to-face situation allows you to utilize other aspects of your character to connect with others–the first impression made through a photograph is based solely on appearance and has to speak volumes about your character. A great headshot can convey all the best aspects of your personality and make a dazzling first impression.
2. You’ll show that you care. Your headshot is not only a chance to make a great first impression, it’s a way to show that you care about what others think. If people know you care about the impression you make, they are far more likely to believe that you are trustworthy, dedicated, and successful. Professionals who don’t make their headshots a priority might just use any old photo–this projects the idea that they don’t really care about their success, and they might be lazy, sloppy, or distracted in the workplace.
3. Investing in a great headshot will reap lucrative rewards. You might wonder if the cost of hiring a fantastic, experienced headshot photographer is worth it. The investment you make on incredible headshots and updating your online presence will result in a surge of exposure for you and your business. Just think of how many new client relationships you will establish and the profit that your business will experience. The minimal cost of hiring a photographer is a small price to pay for a wealth of new business.
4. Professionals know what they are doing. People today have certainly become very adept at taking selfies. However, a selfie just isn’t going to cut it for business purposes. Professional photographers are fantastic at what they do–they understand light, shadow, depth, composition, lines, and vantage points. In short, they pay attention to many fine details that have probably never crossed anyone’s mind while taking a selfie.
5. We know the psychology of the headshot. Years of experience and a wealth of knowledge in the photography industry have taught us exactly how to convey the perfect message to your audience. Maybe you are an attorney who wants to look friendly and approachable, or maybe you prefer a fierce, powerful look. Perhaps you are a financial planner–in that case, you’ll need potential clients to know that you are reliable and trustworthy. No matter what image you are trying to project, we can make it happen. Certain poses, backgrounds, and lighting patterns can be used to create a headshot that tells a story about your character and values.
A professional headshot is absolutely priceless. An excellent headshot conveys invaluable information about your character, work ethic, and personality to potential clients. Please feel free to contact us to learn more about getting stunning professional headshots.